18 Mar The IoT Playbook – Schneider Electric is all In
chneider has seen the IoT light and they are following it at scale. Step 1, make all products connected. Step 2, develop a platform, in this case, for the energy management and automation vertical. Step 3, create more customer value by moving from products to products and services to ultimately driving customer results. In this episode of the IoT Business Show I speak with Prith Banerjee about the IoT playbook to be followed by all leading edge enterprises, big and small.
In this episode of the IoT Business Show I speak with Prith Banerjee about the IoT playbook to be followed by all leading edge enterprises, big and small.
Prith is EVP and CTO of Schneider Electric, reporting to the CEO. In this role he is responsible for driving innovation and tech differentiation, and coordinating the R&D activities of the company’s five businesses with 11,000 R&D personnel, and a 1.2 billion Euro R&D investment. Previously, he was Managing Director of Global Research and Development at Accenture.
A lot of companies talk IoT, few walk IoT and even fewer are all in with IoT – betting everything on it. Schneider Electric along with General Electric and PTC are three of those companies. Schneider is notable because of the sheer number of products they have (365 being released just this year). If you want to observe best practices in action, watch how Schneider transforms itself over the next few years under the technical leadership of long time IoT evangelist, Prith Banerjee.
Here’s What We’ll Cover in this Episode
- The results from Schneider’s survey of 2,600 of their customers about IoT.
- Schneider’s high level IoT strategy.
- How IoT platforms are different from mobile OS platforms.
- Schneider’s platform strategy and Prith’s recommendations on platforms.
- The business model transformation that will result from being all in on IoT.
- New core competencies and intellectual property being developed to support the new business.
Mentioned in this Episode and Other Useful Links
Support this Podcast
If you have been enjoying this podcast, there are a few ways you can support it:
- Share it on social by clicking on the widget on the left or bottom of the page.
- Click here to open iTunes and leave a one-click review or write your thoughts.
- Leave a donation via PayPal by clicking on the button below.
Have an opinion? Join the discussion in our LinkedIn group
Are the steps Schneider is taking to get to IoT company-wide make sense for your company?Click here if you have an opinion on this podcast or want to see the opinion of others